Download correct settings
To ensure the best possible results, please download and use our color profiles and PDF-presets:
|Color Profile (install first)||PDF-preset||Color Settings|
|Content pages for Vi i Villa||Download - PSRgravureMF||Download||Download|
|Cover* and inserts for Vi i Villa||Download - ISO Coated v2 300% (ECI)||Download||Download|
|All other magazine titles||Download - ISO Coated v2 300% (ECI)||Download||Download|
|* Cover includes page 1-2, 2nd last and back.|
Scroll down for installation instructions.
- All Ads should be delivered as PDF, exported using our presets (see the table above).
- All ads must have correct dimensions and bleed.
- Spreads must be sent as two separate pages (left/right as separate files).
- Images should have a resolution of (at least) 300 ppi.
- Do not use TrueType-fonts.
- The PDF should be generated using the correct color profile to ensure predictable/correct colors (see the above table). We do not take responsibility for minor variations in the reproduction.
- When layouting spreads (except for Gjør Det Selv), be aware that up to 5 mm can disappear in the spine/fold (especially on the first/last spread). We recommend shifting any images that cross the spine 2,5 mm to each side (causing 5 mm of the image to repeat at the spine).
- Ad dimensions for the different titles can be found here: Våre produkter (in Norwegian only).
Uploading the Ad
Upload the final PDF(s) to:
The first time you use the web page it will ask you to create an account.
Do not send us Ads via e-mail!
How to install the color profile(s):
Right-click he .icc-file and choose "Install Profile".
- OS X:
Copy the .icc-file to the following folder:
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Recommended/Alternatively you can copy it here:
- Restart your layout software (if you had it open).
How to install the PDF-preset(s):
Warning: Color Profiles must be downloaded and installed before you install PDF-presets!
File > Adobe PDF presets > Define… > Load
Edit > Adobe PDF presets… > Import
- Photoshop (not recommended for generating PDFs!):
Install the preset using one of the other programs, or see the option below:
If you use another software or version that does not support our presets, use the following manual settings (click for screenshots):
- Vi i Villa content pages: PDF/X-4:2010 (PDF 1.6), converted to output intent “PSRgravureMF”, 3 mm bleed, crop marks, 300 ppi, max JPEG-quailty.
- Vi i Villa cover and inserts: PDF/X-4:2010 (PDF 1.6), converted to output intent “ISO coated v2 300% (ECI)”, 3 mm bleed, crop marks, 300 ppi, max JPEG-quality.
- All other magazine titles: PDF 1.4, converted to “ISO coated v2 300% (ECI)”, do not embed profile, 5 mm bleed, crop marks, 300 ppi, max JPEG-quality.
Warning: Color Profiles must be downloaded and installed before you install Color Settings!
Edit > Color Settings > Load...
If you already have started a new document, we recommend going to Edit > Convert to Profile... and choose the correct CMYK-profile for your document (see table at the top of the page). Then you will see the colors more accurately while working (this is especially important for Vi i Villa).
Problems with the upload page or the specifications?